Tuesday, September 23, 2008

And she's off!

It's Tuesday. I leave tonight. The nerves kicked in a bit yesterday and today! So to distract myself, I decided to check my emails again (which also helped me to put off packing this morning. It's not so fun when you're trying to pack for a year!)
I received another email from Greg at the organic and sustainable farm at which I hope to work. He suggested coming on board around Oct 27 - there's a triathlon taking place there on Nov 1! He thought I might be interested in coming to help them to prepare for the event as well as look after their three kids when things get busy...hmmm, me around kids just in time for Halloween? Sounds good to me! Not so sure I'd be willing to clip off those lamb tails anyway! I'll be curious to see if Halloween is recognized much.
Anyway, the Family Farm (http://www.thefamilyfarm.net.nz/) is in Hawkes Bay (http://www.hawkesbaynz.com/) which is in the northern island. It's a sheep and cattle farm on 1507 acres of land. I'm really keen to see what life is like on a farm...and to reconnect to the rhythms of nature, as their home page says. I bet you'll all be curious to see what I think of it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can leave comments without joining! Just scroll to "anonymous" at the bottom of this page. Holly~ Im watching the blog already, getting very excited for you. xoxo

Anonymous said...

sorry, that was me Jo-Anna that left that message, you have to sign your name if you are posting without joining

Anonymous said...

Hi Holl,

Hope your travels out west were good. I will be checking all the time for new postings.You and farm life....mmm...we will see.
Love ya...ACathxoxo

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the journey has begun. The preparations are over and the next phase begins. I am sure you'll have those kids doing some Halloween related project.

Do they have pumkins???

Elane

Anonymous said...

Holly, you are deafinatly meant to do this trip girl!!Everything just fell to easy in place for you.I feel this is part of your calling what ever it may turn out to be in N.Z.God sure as a plan for you.I am so excited for you.I would love to be there the first time you see all the sheep on the hill side wow!!What an exsperience,you deserve it all girl. love MUM